This report is based on the first-ever conservation vulnerability assessment for all 1,154 native bird species that occur in Canada, the continental United States, and Mexico. The assessment was compiled by a team of experts from all three countries. Of these 1,154 species, 432 qualified for the Watch List, indicating species of highest conservation concern based on high vulnerability scores across multiple factors.
Key parts of the report include:
- Main results indicating conservation concern levels for North America’s 9 major habitat types
- Conservation status descriptions and success stories for 7 habitat types
- Interactive Species Assessment Table showing conservation scores for all 1,154 species
- Year-round abundance maps and animations for 7 species
- Further resources for conservation and change